Fiber Optics Lab Assistant – $2,500 Signing Bonus
$2,500 signing bonus after the successful completion of 90 days
Summary: Responsible for providing technical assistance in conducting laboratory fiber optic connector tests with competency and accuracy. Assist with day to day activities within the lab with minimal supervision. Assist with maintaining equipment as well as keeping the lab space clean and safe. Be proficient in all applicable test standards and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform Testing
· Be knowledgeable in basic fiber handling and fiber management techniques.
· Understand optical measurement types (IL/RL) and specifications for tests conducted.
· Be or become proficient in applicable testing standards (GR-326 etc.)
· Have basic knowledge of measurement theory for testing performed.
· Be or become proficient in applicable testing procedures and industry standard FOTP’s.
- Equipment and Lab Maintenance
· Perform equipment preventive maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations as well as lab maintenance manual.
· Understand equipment calibration program and schedule.
· Maintain lab to sustain a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
- Quality System and Accreditation
· Be or become knowledgeable of the overall quality system and procedures as it pertains to laboratory best practices, and procedures.
· Understand our ISO 17025 accreditation.
Oral and Written Communication Skills
Accurate Data Entry
0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
Computer experience including all Microsoft Office software programs.