Product Manager – $2,500 Signing Bonus
Product Line Manager – $2,500 Signing Bonus
$2,500 signing bonus after the successful completion of 90 days
Summary: The Product Line Manager is responsible for a specific product or market segment (Data Centers or Telecommunications) to ensure the success of the product portfolio. They must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with all departments of the company including sales, operations, engineering, marketing and manufacturing, to meet company expectations and help satisfy Customer needs. The Product Line Manager must stay up to date with market changes and current market perceptions. They must then be able to communicate these results to the executive members of the company, making suggestions on how to better improve current product lines or how the company can enter underdeveloped market segments. Preferred location is near one of our office locations in Marlborough, MA, Dallas, TX or Poway, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Fully understand company strategy and expectation, and proactively seek a way to maximize the profitability of products in charge
· Manage the development cycle for new products, from conceptualization to product launch.
· Provide marketing with information for promoting products, and assist with the development of the marketing strategy.
· Monitor and analyze market trends and competitors to make sure products stay competitive.
· Work with management to develop long term product development and sales strategies for the company.
· Develop pricing models and forecast profitability
· Carry out research to determine customer needs and expectations in order to develop new products.
· Accelerate product knowledge for Sales team members – Focusing on “Sales Pitch”
· Arrange supportive documents (flyer and spec sheet etc.) to aid sales activities
· Drive “End User” spec-in activity by combining travel with Outside Team
· Drive additional business through joint travel with Outside Sales
· Be a “Champion” for the big picture – “Design-Test- Manufacturing” mantra while Outside Sales is responsible for the detailed follow up items
· Regional Trade Show coordination
· Refresh Regional Trade show materials as needed
· Follow & report on Quarterly Product trending
· Walk Trade Shows to find new target accounts (product) or markets
· Provide a monthly update of activities worked on/ completed in current month and plans/target for upcoming month
Interpersonal Communication Skills
Decision Making Skills
• College or technical degree or equivalent working experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in fiber optics.
• Experience in direct sales to OEM’s developing territories and new business helpful
• Ability to travel 50%
• Proficient with MS Office