$2,500 sign-on bonus after the successful completion of 90 days.
This is a Hybrid role minimum Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in office in either Hudson, MA or Poway, CA. May be remote based on candidates proximity to office.
The Product Manager is pivotal in managing a specific line of products within SENKO, encompassing tasks from development to sales. Key responsibilities include analyzing market trends and customer needs to develop strategies, overseeing the product lifecycle from inception to decline, and collaborating with various departments like R&D, engineering, marketing, and sales to align with product goals. The Product Manager will monitor the costs related to product development and play a significant role in marketing and sales initiatives. Regular customer and market analysis is crucial for understanding consumer preferences and identifying improvement or innovation areas. Additionally, the Product Manager will monitor product performance against metrics like sales and customer satisfaction to guide future strategies. Overall, the role is a blend of strategic planning, cross-functional coordination, financial management, and market analysis to ensure the success and profitability of their product line.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fully understand company strategy and expectations, and “proactively” seek a way to maximize the profitability of products in charge
- Manage the development cycle for new products, from conceptualization to product launch.
- Provide marketing with information for promoting products, and assist with the development of the marketing strategy.
- Monitor and analyze market trends and competitors to make sure products stay competitive.
- Work with management to develop long term product development and sales strategies for the company.
- Develop pricing models and forecast profitability
- Coordinate and carry out research to determine customer needs and expectations in order to develop new products.
- Accelerate product knowledge for Sales team members
- Arrange supportive documents (flyer and spec sheet etc) to aid sales activities
- Drive End-User spec-in activity by combining travel with Outside Team
- Drive additional business through joint travel with Outside Sales
- Be a “Champion” for the big picture – “Design-Test- Manufacturing” mantra while Outside Sales is responsible for the detailed follow up items
- Manage product documentation from specifications sheets, to marketing collateral
- Provide product technical support internally and externally
- Regional Trade Show participation
- Follow & report on Product that are trending
- Walk Trade Shows to find new target accounts (product) or markets
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Customer Relations
- College, technical degree, or equivalent working experience
- Entry Level exposure in fiber optics is preferred but not required
- Technical product knowledge/background is preferred but not required.
- 2 years of experience in managing projects or products involving tangible goods
- Experience working in global environments strongly preferred
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability to travel up to 40%
$65,000 – $120,000 per year